Sunday, December 2, 2012

I had the most brilliant idea, so naturally I'm sharing it with Cyberspace.

HI. New favorite thing just came into existence. This is the thing: HOT APPLES.

It seems like I should acknowledge that this concept was already out there, but I felt like a mad genius in the kitchen today and please don't take that away from me.

Ok, so here is the deal. You cut up the apples, toss them in a pan, saute with cinnamon and nutmeg and a teeny bit of butter and sugar, and you get this amazing edible thing that tastes like pie or apple cider or something, but it isn't very caloric because it's mostly just fruit. I put in two apples and about a tablespoon of butter and that's all it needed. Has anyone ever gotten a Nobel prize for snack making?

Anyway, this all came about because I was sitting here thinking I should eat something but all I ever eat is apples and cheese, so I was trying to think if I had anything else in the fridge. Fast forward ten minutes and I'm busy marveling at my cooking brilliance when it occurs to me that I should get something salty-ish that will compliment the apples... so then I got some cheese curds.

I'm pretty sure you can find apples and cinnamon recipes online, but I did not do that.

New idea: HOT CHEESE.

No comments:

Post a Comment