Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I have fled the country.

We all knew it was bound to happen some time.

Actually I've gone to Italy, and this may temporarily be my travel blog, or you might not hear from me again for awhile. Sorry Cyberspace, you know how it is.

I'm living in an apartment in Rome that's just across from the art studio where I do all my art majoring and whatnot. The place has its ups and downs but probably more ups than most places if Roman Holiday has anything to say about it (but probably more downs if you ask the guy from The Bicycle Thief).

There's this restaurant right under my building that I have to pass to get to the studio, and it always has a man out front urging people to come in to eat. This is typical in Rome but it started out on my "down" list because the guy would try to get us to eat there twelve times a day since we were always passing by. Also, he always wears the same pair of pants. But anyway, my roommate got drunk the other day and gave him a talking to and since then we've all had a sense of humor about it, I think. So earlier I was trying to get back to the apartment and the guy started walking backward so I tried to go around in front of him, and then he started walking forward again so I tried to go behind him, and then he just started dancing so I couldn't get around him. So I said, "Really?" and he repeated, "Really?" and really there were a lot of really's all around. But now he's on my "up" list because he made me laugh and then asked me how I was doing and he's probably the first person on my "up" list because I previously didn't know I had one. Questa รจ la vita or whatever they say here.

Also I've been to so many museums and churches I don't even want to talk about it.

Imagine a person Irish dancing on a moving bus. I will leave you with that image.

No comments:

Post a Comment